Reginaolguin's Reviews > Falling

Falling by Doug Wilhelm

U_50x66
Apr 22, 10

Read in April, 2010

The novel "Falling" by Doug Wilhelm is a fictional romance novel with a bit of suspence. I chose this book because a classmate of mine did a great job giving an oral report and the book caught my interest. The protagonists in this novel are Matt Shaw and Katie. Three important supporting characters are Sam, Hope, and Tamra. Being Katies bestfriends, they tell eacheother everything. Matt was expected to be an All-Star on his Junior High basketball team, but he never ended up trying out, nor did he touch a ball through out the whole time Katie knew him. Matt feels as if he is alone and everyone is against him. Therefore the central conflict through out the novel is man v.s society. Katie desperatly wanted to know what happend to Matt that caused him to not be the boy everyone expected him to be. She tries to earn his trust while Matt is only concerned about protecting his older brother. The theme that I got out of this book was everyone need a helping hand sometime in their life. To me, a symbol I found was basketball. It represents Matt's past that he left behind. The way Doug Wilhelm writes this story makes you want to open up the book everytime you have a chance to do so. I think this is a good teen romance book esspecially if you like dark, exciting love stories. i recommend this book to anyone because it't not a chick book nor a guy's book it's for anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling.