Kaley's Reviews > Summer at Tiffany

Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart

May 30, 2010

bookshelves: 2010
Read from May 20 to 22, 2010

This book was so much fun to read! Summer at Tiffany is a memoir set in 1945, the true story of Marjorie and her best friend Marty and the best summer of their lives. The two sorority sisters from Iowa move to the Big Apple in search of fun, adventure, and freedom. After being turned away from Lord & Taylor, they apply at the world famous Tiffany & Co. A great letter of reference and a funny mix-up land the girls jobs as Tiffany's first ever female pages, delivering packages between the sales floor and the in-store repair shop. From the girls' frequent sightings of the rich and famous, to their Tiffany blue uniforms from Bonwit Teller, to the hilarious mishaps and situations they find themselves in, the fun details in the book make it a delightful and fast read. It also provides a fascinating window into 1945 New York City, and particularly the triumph and relief that the end of WWII brought.
Marjorie Hart does an amazing job of evoking the innocence and naivety of both being that age and of that era. She captures a snapshot of herself (and Marty) as young girls who know nothing outside the boundaries of their simple lives in Iowa, but who somehow figure out how to navigate this new and exciting world, and have a blast doing so!
As soon as I finished, I gave this book to my best friend, knowing that it would bring back wonderful (and funny) memories of when we were that age, just as it had for me. A great, fun summer read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer at Tiffany.

Sheila DeChantal I am doing a Summer At Tiffany theme at Book Journey and asking people who have reviewed the book to feel free to use the Linky I set up today to add their reviews and thoughts on the book.
Tomorrow I will add an interview with Marjorie Hart and then following will be a giveaway for a hard copy signed edition of the book.

Please feel free to link to the review if you like. :D