Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Like Coffee and Doughnuts

Like Coffee and Doughnuts by Elle Parker

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: friends-or-enemies-to-lovers, cops-fbi-etc, contemporary, bubbles-safe, injury-recovery, kidnapped-hostage-taken, little-or-no-smexing, m-m, mystery, series-serial, suspense, gfy-ofy, all-time-favs, comedy
Recommended to Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* by: Stacey Jo
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from March 23 to 24, 2011

I loved this book.

Dino and Seth are not hard to love and the easy banter between the two cracked me up. Dino is a private investigator in his 40s while Seth is a mechanic in his 30s. They've been best friends for years now and don't actually have much in common. Dino is kind of uptight, likes to be in control, doesn't like one-night stands and is pretty old-fashioned with both his business and personal life. Seth is wild. He's a party boy who'll sleep with anything on two legs and has endless energy. He can be flamboyant one minute and uber-macho the next but above all else, he's a slob which annoys Dino to no end. They have an easy friendship, though. They're comfortable around each other and help each other out when they need to and it works for them. But, man, to me, they became even closer when they become lovers even when Dino starts to flip out, Seth anticipates it and knows how to handle it. Mostly. It works and they make a great couple.

Aside from their friendship, which is so amusing, and becoming lovers this book is quite suspenseful and has an easy mystery with a James Bond theme to it. Literally. I loved it. The mystery and suspense kept me engrossed in the story and I actually read this in just a few hours because I didn't want to put it down. Dino and Seth are kind of addicting. And I really loved Dino's old-fashioned ways. It's like he stepped out of the 1940s or something, it was great. But beyond the mystery, Dino and Seth are, above all else, friends and Dino is straight. Not only do they get themselves into some deep waters but they have to work through the added conflict of Dino never having been with a guy and how having an intimate relationship could test the bonds of their friendship and possible ruin it.

Overall, this was a great story and I definitely recommend it to everyone! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like Coffee and Doughnuts.