Kerry's Reviews > Sunshine

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

May 10, 2010

bookshelves: 10, 2010, fantasy, library
Read from April 30 to May 11, 2010 , read count: 1

Wow, what an amazing book. I don't know that I have words for it just yet, having only finished it a few moments ago, but what an amazing book.

Added to a coment shortly after:

I just finished it and I've immediately joined the community of Sunshine-lovers (okay, that sounds wrong, but I figure you know what I mean).

It was an interesting read, as it went very slowly, but never felt slow. I did need to read some of the long, almost convuluted sentences slowly, but all the information was there, you just had to get it from the Sunshine-speak.

I also felt that this might be the book that has the most of Robin McKinley herself in it, as I often felt when reading Sunsine's thoughts that they were very similar to how McKinley writes when she blogs.

I would also like to know how the timing of the writing of this book fits with the author developing ME, as it kind of reads like someone with ME might think (it certainly feels like my brain going all over the place sometimes).

Anyway, I loved it and I can totally see that it is a book I will need to read again. I am looking forward to my copy arriving so that I can read it whenever I want.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunshine.

05/01/2010 page 41
10.54% "Fascinating voice for the main character."
05/09/2010 page 199
51.16% "I'm really enjoying this, so I have no idea why it is taking me so LONG to read it."
05/10/2010 page 325
83.55% "Oh, so good." 4 comments

Annette I rather liked this.... :)

Missy Ann Seconded. Loved this story.