Debbie's Reviews > The Visitation

Apr 21, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: christian, suspense
Read in April, 2010

"The Visitation" was an interesting Christian supernatural suspense novel. The world-building was excellent, with the details about the place and people bringing the story alive in my imagination. The characters were engaging and even the minor characters were realistic. There were so many reoccurring characters to keep track of that I occasionally had to stop and think to remember who a character was, but overall it wasn't a problem. The pacing was generally very good, but the (important) back story did drag a bit in spots.

The novel explored why God doesn't give people everything they ask for, like why He heals some people and not others. It also explored how the whole point of Christianity can get lost amid programs, denominational squabbles, promises made by famous preachers on God's behalf, doing "the church thing," and other, often well-intentioned or necessary things. This was a major focus of the novel. A non-Christian would probably find this confusing, so I'd only recommend this novel to Christians.

There was no sex. There was a minor amount of bad language. Overall, I'd recommend it as interesting (if you're interested in spiritual warfare with a bit of mystery and good-natured poking fun at various denominations), fairly clean reading.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Visitation.

06/12 marked as: read

Debbie No, that isn't good. I think that might clear up for you near the end of the book, though. In any case, don't let a fictional story make you doubt what the Bible actually says. :)