Angela's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Apr 21, 2010

bookshelves: teen, vampire, were, romance
Recommended to Angela by: gilly, rebecca
Recommended for: teenage girls, werewolf lovers
Read from May 04 to 11, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1
BCID: 6985123

** spoiler alert ** I can't say I am glad that this book was SO much better than Twilight, because that means I really do need to read Eclipse -- but I am glad I read this book and didn't just stop at Twilight. I cared so much more in this book than in Twilight -- could it be that Jacob is a better character than Edward? the answer, at least for me, is Hell Yes. Jacob would be so much better for our whiny heroine. He makes her smile, and not wonder about the what ifs -- while Edward is the king of what ifs.

I was also glad that most of this book didn't have our "woe is me" hero around -- much like I wanted Bill gone from Sookie's life (the dead series that True Blood is based off of) I wanted Edward gone too. I just didn't know it was so very possible.

I missed Alice and Jasper, my two favorite Cullens, but I was willing to not have them if I could not have Edward.

AND, my new favorite vampire? Aro. Yes indeedy, he is just too awesome for words. I relish the fact that he may return in one of the next two books. Can't wait really.

And I was crying at the end. More even than when she left Jacob at her house to chase after Edward. I feel his pain, and I want him to get Bella. I want Jacob to be happy.

enough of the disjointed review -- I will be reading Eclipse here soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

05/05/2010 page 30
5.33% "i have friends who love this series, and friends who don't know why they read it...and friends who love the series, but not this book."
05/06/2010 page 53
9.41% "getting a little annoyed with how perfect and wonderful Edward is -- but I seem to remember being a teenage girl, and yeah, it fits"
05/07/2010 page 120
21.31% "ahh, the break-up, I didn't have my first til much later, can't imagine how dramatic I would have been at 18..."
05/07/2010 page 137
24.33% "I can admit that I am on team Jacob (but only cuz I don't like Edward all that much -- usually I prefer the vamps over the weres)"
05/08/2010 page 181
32.15% "TEAM Jacob!!!"
05/08/2010 page 181
32.15% "just thinking I want to go read, haven't had a book make me want to read it in a while --"
05/10/2010 page 362
64.3% "this is such a fun book to read, and still loving Jacob!"
05/10/2010 page 424
75.31% "BIG time Team Jacob, and am hating Edward a little bit more right now."