Dina's Reviews > Kayla's Birthday Present

Kayla's Birthday Present by Ashlyn Chase

1918270
Apr 21, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotica-romantica, quickie, to-blog
Recommended to Dina by: Auntee
Read on April 21, 2010

This is a very short quickie - no, I'm not being redundant because this book has only 10 pages in PDF format, which is too few even for a quickie - so I didn't have high expectations about it. I won't write a plot summary here because the book description pretty much says it all - this book has only 10 pages, remember?

Well, have I enjoyed this read? Hmmm, it was OK. The fact that Marcus and Kayla had been friends for over 20 years before falling into bed was a plus, because there was really no pages enough to tell the story of 2 complete strangers falling in love. Unfortunately, the sex scenes and the "dirty talk" didn't stir my blood, and that's a big problem when we're talking about erotic/romantica quickies. The thing is, some words/sentences used by the author kept making me LOL and pulling me out of the story. "Succulent c*ck"? No, thanks, I'm full. "Greased lightning?" John Travolta, are you there? ;)

Anyway, it was free and I didn't waste more than 15 minutes reading it, so it wasn't a bad deal in the end.

Note: The sex scenes were pretty tame. Marcus and Kayla enjoyed some kinky stuff in their "sex marathon", but none of that was actually shown on the pages. Apparently, the author doesn't follow the "show, don't tell" rule. :-/ Now, one of the things they talked about got me curious: what's exactly the "wheelbarrow position"?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kayla's Birthday Present.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully "Marcus and Kayla enjoyed some kinky stuff in their "sex marathon", but none of that was actually shown on the pages"

Waaaaaahhhh! WTF?

"what's exactly the "wheelbarrow position"?

Well picture a guy standing and the wheelbarrow, er, woman has her legs held by him and is kinda angled down with her head or hands on the floor maybe.

Dina WTF is the thought that came to my mind too. Come on, this is an erotic/romantica story!

Thanks for explaining the "wheelbarrow position", Scully. I might have to get my Twister mat to see how it goes, LOL.

message 3: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim *giggling*

message 4: by Dina (last edited Apr 22, 2010 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina The wheelbarrow position requires great upper-body strength. Just sayin'... ;)

message 5: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Dina wrote: "The wheelbarrow position requires great upper-body strength. Just sayin'... ;)"

LOL! You tried it already?

Dina "Tried" is the operative word, LOL. I can't do more than 5 push-ups without crumbling to the floor. Need I say more? ;)

message 7: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim The whole thing sounds uncomfortable and not hot at all, anyway!

message 8: by Dina (last edited Apr 22, 2010 01:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina I had a teacher who liked to tell us (her students) to always try everything at least once, so we would only regret what we've done and not what we haven't done. I don't think she was talking about sex positions, LOL.

message 9: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Dina wrote: ""Tried" is the operative word, LOL. I can't do more than 5 push-ups without crumbling to the floor. Need I say more? ;)"

Bwaahahahaha!

Can't say as I've ever tried it before. I'm lazy when it comes to sex anyway and much prefer that the guy do all the work. Just tie me up and do your thing, dude ;-)

message 10: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina AgentScully wrote: "Just tie me up and do your thing, dude ;-)"

And let the spanking begin, LOL.

message 11: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim YOu never know, the teach might have meant everything,LOL

I like Scully's Spankin Reputation. ;)

message 12: by Kittygabe (new) - added it

Kittygabe Do you habe this one in your pc? I´d like to read!

message 13: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Yes, I do, Kitty. You can download it for free from Ellora's Cave website. If you don't know how to do it, just PM me your e-mail adress and I'll send my copy to you.