Alexis Ulrich's Reviews > Midnight Alley

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Apr 21, 10

Recommended to Alexis by: Kourtnie
Recommended for: Fans of Blood and Chocolate, Twilight, vamp fiction, Blue Bloods, and Marked
Read from April 20 to 21, 2010, read count: 1

Definitely my favorite of the series so far (I've only read three, give me a break!) It was fast paced and witty and interesting, though I still can't believe a relatively attractive, sixteen-almost-seventeen year old girl is interested in quantum mechanics and advanced physics and biochemistry to the point where she's staying up all night reading text books (half the time it is a matter of life and death, though). I liked the new developments in Amelie's character, and I hope beyond all hope that Myrnin gets better, because he really made this book worthwhile. Another thing that irked me was Claire's drug usage. Really, who in their right mind would accept a whole handful of red crystals from a more than slightly delusional vampire? Again, matter of life or death, but still. Yet again, Claire is impulsive and hormonal, but it kind of makes her more realistic, because if she were rational all the time, we'd be back to the Mary Sue character that everyone knows and hates. Anyways, I sped right through this one (at 200 pages each, they're pretty dang short) and loved nearly every second of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Alley.

Quotes Alexis Liked

“Perv."
He pointed to himself. "Male and eighteen. What's your point?”

Rachel Caine
“But that quickly faded, and he frowned. "You're bleeding," he said. "What happened?"
Claire sighed and held up her wrist to show him the bandage. "Man, you would be so embarrassed if I said it was something else." Michael looked blank. "I'm a girl, Michael, it could have been all natural, you know. Tampons?”

Rachel Caine
“Monica's eyes were fierce and fiery, but she didn't move, and after a second she turned and ran up the steps to the second floor, where her formally dressed friends were huddled like the cast of Survivor: Abercrombie & Fitch Island.

Rachel Caine
“If you ask me if I'm okay again, I'm going to smack myself in the face just to punish you.”

Rachel Caine
“Oliver: You turned me down. So why, I wonder, did you decide Amelie would be a better choice?
Claire: She smells better. And she made me cookies.”

“Eve: She told me last!
Shane: Boyfriend!
Michael: Landlord!
Eve: Crap. Right. Next time you sell your soul to the devil, I get first contact!”