Sebah's Reviews > Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters: Features the Latest Information on: Online Postings, Email Techniques, and Follow-up Strategies

Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters by Martin Yate

Apr 21, 10

Read on April 21, 2010

مفيد. و تكثر فيه الأمثلة التي يمكن استخدامها أو توظيفها في مختلف الوظائف.

تعلمت:

"Your cover letter is your only chance to achieve any kind of personal rapport with the reader of your resumé."

Four steps:
1. Grab reader's attention: appearance (typeface, spellings, etc)
2. Generate interest: show them you know enough about their thing
3. Turn interest into desire to learn more: tie yourself to a specific job category or work area. then highlight one or two special contributions/achievements "...this combination has enabled me to...". You want them to see that you understand the job and their need.
4. Turn desire into action: brevity (leave the reader wanting more), ask for an interview and show that you'll follow up if contact has not been made by a certain time.

Examples:

"It encouraged me to do a little research on your company. I am now convinced of two things: You are the kind of people I want to be associated with, and I have the kind of qualifications you can use."

"I have always followed the performance of your company in..."

"...you will see that my resume demonstrates a person of unusual dedication, efficiency, and drive."

Phrases for step 3, "I am writing because..." "I would like to talk to you about your staffing needs for..... and how I might be able to contribute to your department's goals"

"Thank you for your time and consideration; I hope to hear from you shortly."

"Please allow me to highlight my skills as they relate to your stated requirements." Then list in a table of two cols their requirements and your skills/experience.

Verbs that can help when describing your skills:
accomplished, achieved, innovated, worked, invented.

"I read your advertisement in... for a ..... and, after researching your company, felt I had to write..."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters.