Kelly's Reviews > A Soft Place to Land

A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White

Apr 22, 10

Read from April 20 to 22, 2010

This book about sisters tugged on my heartstrings. I was "ugly crying" by page 100 and I was sobbing my eyes out by page 125. After that, the plotting went in a different direction and I was able to get a grip on my emotions. I did cry again at the very end, but it was not an ugly or sobbing cry.

Sisters of all ages will find something to relate to as the two main characters struggle to find their way in the world after being torn apart by a tragedy. I was a bit disappointed with the abrupt end because it left me hanging in regard to "where do they go from here?". However, there is much room for a sequel to be written, and my sincere hope is that we see this down the road... although the author clearly states that she has no plans to do so at this time.

I gave this one 4 stars. Had the ending been a bit less abrupt and instead added one more chapter that filled in some details of the long awaited forgiveness, it would have easily received 5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Soft Place to Land.

04/20/2010 page 135
38.35% "I started reading the book this evening. I can't put it down. It is a tear jerker and I'm bawling like a baby. SO GOOD!"