Smokinhotbooks K.C.'s Reviews > Twice as Hot

Twice as Hot by Gena Showalter

Apr 20, 10

bookshelves: pnr

This was a surprising good read and I pretty much enjoy anything Gena Showalter writes. Twice as Hot was better than the first book in my opinion. Belle and Rome are planning their wedding when after a mission Rome losses his memories. To the point where he can't even remember Belle and he thinks he is still married to his ex.

God my heart said 'ouchie' a few times and I admit I was thinking 'screw Rome' he doesn't deserve you anyway. Yes, sometimes I talk to books ::blush::. You learn why and how Rome's memories were taken and you kind of almost root for the bad guy a little bit.

If you are a Gena Showatler fan this was a surprisingly good read that surpassed my expectations.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice as Hot.

message 1: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I loathed the first book so much I am hesitant to read the second book.

Smokinhotbooks K.C. LOL, really? I think the first one was written so long ago and I totally agree not as good as her current books. Gena is one of those authors that get's better with time especially in a series.

This was different, more angst(y) but if you didn't care for the first one this might not be your cup of tea.

message 3: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I didn't care for Belle at all. I just found her very shallow and annoying and she didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. I had to force myself to finish the book. And it really shocked me because I liked Gena's other two series.

Smokinhotbooks K.C. Hmm Belle is a bit more mature in this one and I didn't notice any shallow or annoying qualities. Actually for me, I really wanted to kick Rome's arse when he looses his memory. He is just so mean to her!

This is no Seduce the Darkness, Vampire's Bride of LOTU so maybe this one isn't for you.

message 5: by Matthew (new) - added it

Matthew at the end of twice as hot does belle still have her powers? and is she still trying to find a way to get rid of um? im reading first atm but thats bugging me mind tellin

Smokinhotbooks K.C. Is there a way for you to email me via Goodreads and I'll let you know ;)

Tracy Burley I actually love this series. I will agree this last book was very heart breaking in points. I never really rooted for the bad guy. He was still an ass for taking those memories and being a brat for not returning them.

Belle did annoy me at times because she acted like she had out grown Rome in a sense. The ending was a little hurried I thought and the lovey dovey at the end was annoying.

I do hope though that she writes a third but I heard that depends on how well this book does or did. Anyways shall be interesting!

Tracy Burley Smokinhotbooks wrote: "Hmm Belle is a bit more mature in this one and I didn't notice any shallow or annoying qualities. Actually for me, I really wanted to kick Rome's arse when he looses his memory. He is just so mean..."

Agree'd Rome was an ass at times but deep down he knew that he NEEDED Belle more than the air itself. I cracked up at the scene where he is watching an interrogation and Belle is standing behind the glass. She seems to have forgotten he can still see her. That was pretty hot.

Smokinhotbooks K.C. He pissed me off. Couldn't believe how he treated her! I liked how she made him grovel towards the end, that a girl!