Lins's Reviews > The Eyes of the Dragon

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

Apr 20, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read in April, 2010

Wow, when I started reading this book I had to double check who the author was. It is so very different from Stephen King's normal genre. And yet, looking back at it having finished it, it's not too far a leap.

A fantasy tale involving two princes, a rather boorish king, and an advisor who keeps to the shadows and deals in poison. Pretty classic really in a swords and sourcery way (and there is plenty of both). And a nice little tale about good versus evil, about justice and truth conquering all, and even the weakling gets to redeem himself in the end against a clearly defined evil. Nicely done, voiced by an interesting unidentified narrator. Reading about the links to the Dark Tower series by King made me smile; I like it when an author grounds a tale in their universe, something that King manages to do quite well generally.

All in all an easy read that was enjoyable. If I had come across this when I was younger I might have loved it passionately, or perhaps have disliked it for its cliched subject matter, but right now I can appreciate it for a good fun story, well voiced, that shows a deft hand at storytelling. All that I generally expect (and receive for the most part) from Stephen King.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eyes of the Dragon.