Holly's Reviews > A Quick Bite

A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: wishlist, favorites
Read from July 08 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

In author Lynsay Sands first Argeneau book we meet Lissianna Argeneau and Dr. Gregory Hewitt

Lissianna is a vampire, well, kind of—she drinks blood but she also faints at the sight of it, making needing blood and getting it more tedious for her to say the least, unlike for other vampires now-a-day’s who do not bite people unless it is an emergency. This year for her birthday her mother has decided that she needs cured and so she gets her one—a psychologist that deals with phobias.

Dr. Gregory Hewitt was just leaving his office—on his way home to get ready for his very first vacation and finds himself tied to a bed and cursing himself for the actions that led him there.

In walks Lissianna—literally—the attraction is immediate between the two of them and both are pretty disappointed to learn that Greg has been brought there to treat her phobia.

I really enjoyed this novel, Lynsay Sands is an amazing writer and the story seems to come to life before your very eyes, being both funny (Laugh out loud funny!), romantic and with pretty good sex scenes as well (which is always a plus to me), this book has all I could ask for and more!

Both Greg and Lissianna are wonderful characters, very solid and ingrained in the plot that surrounds them but one thing I also love about this book is the interaction we get with other Argeneau family members. It makes things seem much more, well, pulled together I suppose, as opposed to if we just focused on Greg and Lissianna.

It also gives us a peak at future characters in the series though—my favorite so far has to be Lucian! I can not wait to get my hands on his book!

Of course we do have problems in this book—one being the attraction between Greg and Lissianna. Not the attraction in itself but that they can not wipe his memory of them—his mind his too strong and he knows what they are. The second is that someone is trying to kill Lissianna.

At the end of the book I have to say, even though I thought it was obvious who was trying to kill her after reading a bit of it that I was still very drawn in and loved how everything played out.

Also, I have to mention it I love the authors reason for the ‘vampire’ existing in the first place—very unique and not something I have ever read done before with a vampire book, which is saying something considering how many there are today.

Overall this is one book that I would recommend to anyone who loves a good paranormal book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Quick Bite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marissa I love all of Lynsay Sands books!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one.

Holly Marissa wrote: "I love all of Lynsay Sands books!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one."

I am glad you enjoyed it too; I love all the ones I have read so far by her. Thank you for commenting! :)

DarienMoya I really do love this series! Some books are stronger than others but I just love the entire family I want to be adopted by them. I love Thomas and I love his book.