Nicole McKay's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

Apr 19, 10

bookshelves: to-read

Quotes Nicole Liked

Audrey Niffenegger
“It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I am suddenly comsumed by nostalgia for the little girl who was me, who loved the fields and believed in God, who spent winter days home sick from school reading Nancy Drew and sucking menthol cough drops, who could keep a secret.”
tags: life

Audrey Niffenegger
“Of course.. some people, me included, believe that punk is just the most recent manifestation of this, this spirit, this feeling, you know, that things aren't right and that in fact things are so wrong that the only thing we can do is to say Fuck It, over and over again, really loud, until someone stops us.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“The choices we’re working with here are a block universe, where past, present and future all coexist simultaneously and everything has already happened; chaos, where anything can happen and nothing can be predicted because we can’t know all the variables; and a Christian universe in which God made everything and it’s all here for a purpose but we have free will anyway.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Sleep is my lover now, my forgetting, my opiate, my oblivion.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“It's hard being left behind...It's hard to be the one who stays...Why is love intensified by absence?”