DarienMoya's Reviews > Mexican Heat

Mexican Heat by Laura Baumbach

^^MUY PICANTE!^^

More of my reviews and writings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

What a treat this book was, a first for me by both authors and I really liked their gritty writing style. The cover is ridiculously sexy and that alone was one of the reasons, why this book was calling me to do a little pants losing. It was like reading a classic crime/mob book, filled with drugs and sexy men who know how to carry a gun.

Gabriel Sandalini is an undercover cop, deep in the drug trade. All he needs is a little more Intel and he will blow the roof of the whole operation. A little meeting with an informant at a club, Gabriel is hoping for something good but the person he’s supposed to meet doesn’t show. Well, the night is not a complete bust when he spots a hot looking man, who looks like he knows how to take care of business. A quick hook-up turns out to be more intense than Gabriel expected, and a lot more meaningful. Though he knows this was only a one-night thing, and that’s how he likes it.

That’s until his one nightstand turns out to be a gangster himself, and second in command to one of the biggest drug lords. It seems Gabriel life is about to get interesting. Miguel Ortega carries himself with class and an air of superiority, and it irks Gabriel something fierce. It seems that Miguel is gonna be apart of the take down when Gabriel team moves in. If that doesn’t leave Gabriel feeling sour, seems all those emotions he never wanted is making an appearance, and for the wrong freaking man.

Well there are a few surprises at play here, and some seriously shocking ones I never saw coming. The book is divided into two parts, and part 2 is my fave. Emotional yet intense, sweet but also tragic. I fell in love more with each character in part 2. Not saying that part 1 wasn’t good and molten lava hot. There is something bittersweet about a scarred man and his return from the anger and pain.

I liked Gabriel’s character, just could have done without the sarcastic comments all the time. I just wanted a more serious and caring persona from him. Ortega aka Lorenzo is every woman’s panty wetter. He is delicious, Spanish and intoxicating like the Tequila, he loves to savour. Together they are a perfect balance of classy and street punk.

I could have read this book in winter and melted the snow all around me, a super hot read for the summer. Bring a small fan or portable A/C cus this book is a guaranteed burn. A definite pants losing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mexican Heat.

07/12/2011
30.0% "Muy Picante! So spicy and incredibly sexy. I love me some really bad, bad boys."
07/13/2011
53.0% "Man, should have read this one in winter. Tooo much heat going on here, tooo much freaking heat."
07/14/2011 page 200
68.0% "I just freaking started crying on the bus. I never expected that, NEVER!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fiona Goodman Great Review Darien!