lisa's Reviews > Terrier

Terrier by Tamora Pierce

Apr 20, 10

bookshelves: mine-mine-mine
Read from April 19 to 20, 2010 — I own a copy

i can't believe it took me so long to read this! it's because the covers are pretty boring, and i was waiting for better editions to buy, but whatever. this hit so many of the stupid little story kinks i have (calling people in training puppy, partners, criminals with hearts of gold, seeing how criminal organizations are run, etc) and george is SUCH a throwback to his great-great-great-whatever-grandpa (assuming that's where this is going) and i really love tortall, like a lot. it's almost ridiculous.

i think george would have made beka proud, despite eleni telling him this story to set him straight. also POUNCE/FAITHFUL/WHATEVER HIS REAL NAME IS. YES. i want more books about the humans he chooses to grace with his presence.

ok, enough flailing about people not really in this book. i loved the story and beka's dogs and her friends and, as always, pierce's world-building is phenomenal. i think the only thing harder than building a complete world is going back in time however many years and seeing where the world was then, and she did a beautiful job. these books will never be my favorite tortall books, but they are still excellent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Terrier.