Beverly Telfer's Reviews > The Telling

F 50x66
Apr 19, 2010

did not like it
Read from April 17 to 19, 2010 , read count: 1

The story was very predictable. As soon as I read that Heather was adopted, I knew what was going to happen, but the worst thing about this book is Beverly Lewis implying that a special diet will cure cancer. I think that is VERY irresponsible of her. Hopefully no one will be influenced by this book to bypass medical treatment and treat cancer with some kind of diet!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Telling.

Stephanie I don't think she implied that at all. And even so, it's a work of fiction so what she says doesn't have to be true anyways.

Beverly Telfer Stephanie wrote: "I don't think she implied that at all. And even so, it's a work of fiction so what she says doesn't have to be true anyways."
She didn't imply it??? Everyone in the book that had cancer and went on the diet was either cured or were showing good results - The preacher's wife, Heather's boyfriend and Heather! I realize that it is fiction. The story is made up but some people are easily led. She has a big following and it would be unfortunate if the book influences anyone diagnosed with cancer to bypass medical treatment.

message 3: by MAP (new) - rated it 2 stars

MAP Completely agree. I also found it incredibly irresponsible (down right unethical if you ask me) of her to show naturopathic treatments being effective against cancer. Who knows how many people are going to go this route because "the good Christian author" showed it working in her book?

Nrrrrgggggh!

Tiffany OK. My thoughts? It's a fiction novel. If you're that far into cancer- Heather was stage 3 and don't want traditional means and killing your body with chemo, what harm could it cause? If a healthy way of living can prolong someone's life I don't see the harm. I think it would more irresponsible of the person taking the advice of a fiction novel without discussing options with their doctor.

Christina That scared me too and I was cheering her dad on in convincing Heather in the beginning to go with a medical doctor. However, this whole series was predictable half way through the first novel..even then I knew Heather was going to be the long lost daughter of Lettie