Stamyr's Reviews > The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Apr 20, 10

bookshelves: wishlist, good-reads
Read from April 19 to 20, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Song.

Quotes Stamyr Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“you have to love something before you can hate it.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Mom says it's because she has PMS.
Do you even know what that means?
"I'm not a little kid anymore. It means pissed-at- men syndrome”

Nicholas Sparks
“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That's how it often is. God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
tags: god

Nicholas Sparks
“I mean, if the relationship can't survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?”

Nicholas Sparks
“He stared at her, knowing with certainty that he was falling in love. He pulled her close and kissed her beneath a blanket of stars, wondering how on earth he'd been lucky enough to find her.”

Nicholas Sparks
“He liked her; it was as simple as that.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I’m stuck babysitting turtle eggs while a volleyball player slash grease monkey slash aquarium volunteer tries to hit on me.”
I’m not hitting on you,” he protested.
Believe me, you’d know if I was hitting on you. You wouldn’t be able to stop yourself from succumbing to my charms.”

“Do you want a cookie?
- What?
- A cookie. Like an Oreo. Do you want one?
- How can you not want a cookie?
- I just don't.
- Okay, fine,let's say you did want a cookie. Let's say you were dying for a cookie, and there were cookies in the cupboard. What would you do?
- I'd eat a cookie?
- Exactly. That's all I'm saying.
- What are you saying?
- That if people want cookies, they should get a cookie. It's what people do.
- Let me guess. Dad won't let you have a
cookie?
- No. Even though I'm practically starving to death, he won't even consider it. He says I have to have a sandwich first.
- And you don't think that's fair.
- You just said you'd get a cookie if you wanted one. So why can't I? I'm not a little kid. I can make my own decisions.
- Hmm. I can see why this bothers you so
much.
- It's not fair. If he wants a cookie, he can have one. If you want a cookie,
you can have one. But if I want a cookie, the rules don't count. Like you
said, it's not fair.
- So what are you going to do?
- I'm going to eat a sandwich. Because I have to. Because the world isn't fair
to ten-year-olds.”

Nicholas Sparks
“As far as I can tell, dumping soda on people is the equivalent of ‘Hi, it’s nice to meet you’ in this part of the world. Frankly, I think standard greetings work better, but what do I know?”

Nicholas Sparks
“She was a stranger now, but she'd been a friend once, and that was enough for him.”

Nicholas Sparks
“God, he suddenly understood, was love in its purest form, and in these last months with his children, he had felt His touch as surely as he had heard the music spilling from Ronnie's hands.”

Nicholas Sparks
“At times, he even admitted that he'd been more an observer of the world than a participant in it...”

Nicholas Sparks
“Wait. Let me guess. You’re giving me the cold shoulder, right?”
With that, she sighed. “Shouldn’t you be with your friends, staring at yourselves in the mirror?”
He laughed. “That’s funny. I’ll have to remember that.”
“I’m not being funny. I’m being serious.”
“Oh, because we’re so good-looking”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's the first line in your book. I always thought there was a lot of truth in that. Or maybe that's what my English teacher said. I can't really remember. I read it last semester."

- Your parents must be so proud you can read."

- They are. They bought me a pony and everything when I did a book report on Cat in the Hat.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Unless you had a popular video on YouTube
or could perform shows in front of thousands, musical ability meant nothing.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Ironically, he'd yet to leave a good impression. First he'd spilled soda on her, next she'd seen him almost involved in a riot, and then this morning she'd believed him to be either lazy or an idiot.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Everyone always noticed Ashley. She was like a flashing neon sign for anyone with an ounce of testosterone.”

Nicholas Sparks
“What problems?" "Well for starters.. you're an evil duck killer.”

Nicholas Sparks
“She squinted up at him. "But I haven't always made good decisions."

Pastor Harris smiled. "All that shows is that you're human.”

Nicholas Sparks
“He finally understood that God's presence was everywhere, at all times, and was experienced by everyone at one time or another.”

Nicholas Sparks
“When I was seventeen, I don't think I even knew what love was. But when it's right, it's right, and you just know it.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Strange, what being forced to slow down could do to a person.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I don't care if your dad is the Sultan of Brunei. You happened to be born into a privileged family. What you do with that truth is completely up to you. I'm here because I want to be with you. But if I didn't, all the money in the world wouldn't have changed my feelings for you.”

04/19/2010 page 159
40.77% "This is soo goods :D I picture Miley & Liam & not only b|c theyr on the cover (; they are peeeerfeecttt ! ♥"
show 1 hidden update…