Cheryl's Reviews > The Council of Dads: My Daughters, My Illness, and the Men Who Could Be Me

The Council of Dads by Bruce Feiler

May 10, 10

Read in May, 2010

A 5-star book and story about a father with a potentially life-threatening illness who loves his twin daughters so much he invites six men who influenced his life for the better to help influence his daughters' lives should he not survive long enough to raise them. It's so emotionally raw at times you can't help but cry. Bruce's wonderful sense of humor also provides some laugh-out-loud moments. Learning about the family histories of Bruce and his wife was fascinating. In the end I found myself admiring the courage, intelligence, humor, transparency, wisdom and beauty with which he walked and shared his journey of hellish medical treatment and procedures, family life during the process and choosing the great guys he calls The Council of Dads. Made me wish he was MY dad. Tybee and Eden are two of the most blessed little girls one earth. I enourage others to read this book and I definitely plan to take more walks.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Council of Dads.