Natalie's Reviews > I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Apr 04, 2011

bookshelves: love-the-idea, love-the-protag, lovelovelove-the-cover, can-totally-see-as-a-movie, read-in-2011, boarding-school
Read in April, 2011

This book is so much fun! Who hasn't been bored during school and daydreamed about being a spy? Well, at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women the girls don't have to because their lessons are preparing them for life as spies.

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You is a cute, fun, smile-enducing novel that despite being 308 pages long is a quick read. It reminded me a lot of St Trinians with a bit of Princess Diaries thrown in. Nothing too serious but very entertaining and I could definitely imagine seeing this on the big screen.

I really liked Cammie as the main character. She could take down a grown man in seconds but when it came to actually talking to normal boys, she was pretty clueless. Cue the other Gallagher Girls- kick-arse Bex (love her!), slightly geeky and loveable Liz and the new girl in school, boy-expert Macey. I loved reading about the gadgets and I could totally imagine the action scenes in my head. I'm glad Cammie got to experience life outside of being a spy with Josh, and I really hope he is in the next books!

I know I am a late-comer to this series, but I'm definitely going to have fun catching up with the sequels!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You.