Kelly's Reviews > Seize the Night

251943
Feb 24, 2013

bookshelves: read-in-2010, paranormal-romance, physical-books, read-in-2013
Read on February 24, 2013 , read count: 3

Man, I had forgotten how this book is like a punch to the gut. Valerius had a pretty craptastic life before he died and, honestly, an even worse one once he became a Dark-Hunter. Seriously, to be hated by EVERYONE just because he was born a Roman? That sucks. Hard. Not in a sexy way.

Yeah. So. Valerius. He was the guy I loved to hate when he was initially introduced. The fact that Sherrilyn Kenyon made me care about his story and about him makes me giddy. Under his stone cold facade, he's a gentleman and a seething mass of emotions that he forces down so that nobody knows how much their careless words hurt him. Poor Val. I just want to pet him. On the outside, Tabitha is his polar opposite. They shouldn't work. Yet YET, she takes the time to get to know him and sees the things that he's hiding away. She might be a little crazy, but her heart's in the right place.

If I can look past the Valerius sad, sad times, this book drops a whole lot of hints about Acheron and how whacked out his story is going to be. Then there's the Katra thing. Oh, Kat. You'll get your wish, bebe. Just you wait. And Nick! NICK! *weeps quietly in a corner* You know, a lot of things happen here. A LOT. The sheer number of plot threads for later books that are continuing to advance is stunning. SO MUCH STUFF, GUYS! SO MUCH!

I consider this a win in the reread column. Heartbreaking, sexy, and answers that lead to more questions. LOVE IT!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.