Jordan Price's Reviews > Your Attention Please: How to Appeal to Today's Distracted, Disinterested, Disengaged, Disenchanted, and Busy Consumer

Your Attention Please by Paul B. Brown

Apr 18, 2010

liked it
Read in April, 2010

I'm struggling with whether or not I found this book educational or disturbing. The message is that in this day and age, people have no more attention spans, so you have to make everything simple and direct, and break it up with plenty of diagrams, bulleted lists and sidebars. The book itself does this--but I would argue, it takes the concepts too far.

The text in this book is SO broken up that there is no narrative flow. It was so difficult for me to get into that it almost proved the opposite of the point it was trying to make.

While I don't consider it successful because I had difficulty reading its disjointed flow, I still think the concepts behind it are valuable to be aware of. There's also a possibility it's simply ahead of its time, and five years from now everything will be presented in an overly-simplified, fragmented manner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Attention Please.