Julie's Reviews > The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse

The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse by Leann Sweeney

Oct 26, 2010

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, series, 2010
Read from October 23 to 26, 2010

I have to admit, I really enjoyed this book. I actually enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I don't know if I was just on vampire/fae/paranormal burnout or what, but it was nice to get back to a "real" story.

I liked the main character, Jillian, even if she did seem a little over the top when it came to her cats. Some of her actions were a little hard to believe (like when she still stormed the house looking for her cat even after stumbling across the body), but after all, it's a work of fiction. I appreciated the vulnerabilities the author wrote into her character as well, the fact that she was new in town, recently widowed, etc. made her more down-to-earth and believable.

As for the mystery, I honestly did not know who committed the crime until the author chose to reveal it. At first I thought it was the obvious guy, but then it seemed too obvious. Then I switched to the nice guy, but it seemed way too out of character for him. Then I switched to the police chief, and I really thought it was him. But in the end, I was wrong on all three counts!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat, the Quilt and the Corpse.

10/25/2010 page 108