dara's Reviews > The Conscious Cook: Delicious Meatless Recipes That Will Change the Way You Eat

The Conscious Cook by Tal Ronnen

Apr 24, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, cookbook
Read on April 24, 2010

I really liked this even though I didn't have any of the ingredients here in NC to make any of the recipes. Kind of silly for me to even check it out from the library considering, but I did and I enjoyed drooling over the pictures of food. The interviews were kind of nice. (I wish I could travel to some of the restaurants mentioned!) The recipes looked reasonable and less intimidating than I had assumed. I will own this book one day and with it I will make beautiful noms. I just have that feeling.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Conscious Cook.

Quotes dara Liked

“Without pushing an agenda (okay, maybe I've pushed a bit), I've spread a little veganism wherever I've gone. I've become friends with chefs at the meatiest restaurants you can imagine, and shown them a few things that opened their minds (and their menus) to vegan options. It's easy to be convincing when the food is delicious. It doesn't feel like a sacrifice--it feels like a step up.”
Tal Ronnen, The Conscious Cook: Delicious Meatless Recipes That Will Change the Way You Eat