Sid Fallon's Reviews > Creatures of Light and Darkness

Creatures of Light and Darkness by Roger Zelazny

Apr 24, 10

Read on April 17, 2010

An excerpt from this book. The prose in this book is incredible, but this particular quote was too awesome not share.

"Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to insure any possible benefit for which you may eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen."

-Last Rites given in an excerpt from the novel "Creatures of Light and Darkness" by Roger Zelazny.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creatures of Light and Darkness.