Mariel's Reviews > Mr. Popper's Penguins

Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater

Jan 03, 2011

Recommended to Mariel by: get rich quick schemes
Recommended for: free loading pets

I made all my pets read this to try and make them understand that they need to support ME for a change. It's not a good book for getting the good life, unfortunately. It's cute enough, though. It was cute in a good way, not the "Wild hijinks ensue!" sitcomy problems way. I think birds cause an awful lot of problems. It was good that the book took that problem seriously. I also liked that Mr. Popper was obsessed and got into the spirit of his hobby. I love to know that kind of stuff about people. I've fallen "in love" with places like that all of the time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Popper's Penguins.

The Crimson Fucker wait!

you made the pets read it??? can they read??? or you read em to them? or was it an audio book deal??? please expand!

Mariel I made them read it. I guess an audio book would have worked better. They can't read. They are pretty stupid.

The Crimson Fucker guahahahahha! poor pets! what else you make em read?

Mariel

I'm trying to find one of those that isn't me!

message 7: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" I forgot all about this book! We LOVED this as kids. Time for a re-read. Thanks for the memories. :)

Mariel You have the coolest taste in books, Jeanette.

Becca i agree, pets should start supportimg US

Bridget Pets rule