Sarah Jan's Reviews > Memorial Day

Memorial Day by Vince Flynn

Apr 27, 2010

liked it
Read from April 17 to 27, 2010 — I own a copy

Vince Flynn writes political intrigue better than anyone I've read. His main character, Mitch Rapp is a no bullshit type of guy who I really like. Flynn's knowledge of his subject matter really impresses me as being realistic, but if it's made up, he sure fools me. I think his books are all great reads although this may have been my least favorite so far. Maybe I'm getting over dosed on the overall concept but I think in the case of Memorial Day, I missed the personal interactions with his wife (there was almost none) and also with Irene Kennedy. I would also have liked more about Kennedy's views on things. Overall though I really love these books and plan on reading at least the next one, which I think is Consent to Kill. The writing style is straight forward and to the point, not full of literary descriptions - a full of action thriller which keeps you turning the pages and best of all, a hero who gets the bad guys.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memorial Day.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-4 of 4) </span> <span class="smallText">(4 new)</span>

Gloria Bernal i agree with Sara Jan's review. Having read them all in order, this is my least fave. This was more down to business, and very slight on the inter-personal relationships, which personally, I missed. Not a peep out of Mitch's wife Anna, until a sentence at the end.

Sarah Jan Such a shame about the death of Vince Flynn - to die so young!

Gloria Bernal Sarah Jan: I know. I was brokenhearted, having just discovered him :(

Sarah Jan Gloria wrote: "Sarah Jan: I know. I was brokenhearted, having just discovered him :("

There are 6 or 8 books in the series, I think - so enjoy. I had turned my oldest son (40) onto him and he devoured all of Flynn's books.