Mike Dargan's Reviews > Let Me Tell You a Story: A Lifetime in the Game

Let Me Tell You a Story by Red Auerbach

M 50x66
Apr 16, 10

This is the second book assigned by Tom the Barber. Pretty good read for a guy who grew up in the 1960s watching Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain duke it out on Sunday afternoons. My perspective on race relations and sports has grown significantly since then. I just didn't get it when Bill Russell was made coach. Now, I do.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let Me Tell You a Story.

message 1: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam I read a lot on race relations, but not sports related race relations. This sounds like I should read it, too. I have two on my shelf waiting for me to read, Bloody Shirt, Terror after Appatottox and Trouble in Mind.

Mike Dargan You probably want to look at Slavery by Another Name by Douglas A Blackmon. Difficult reading, but important--especially for those who think that the 13th Amendment ended slavery. Credit that to ML King and LBJ.

message 3: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Read it, great book. Helped me understand the race relations of more recent times. It was one of the first that got me started on reading more. White Guilt is also interesting. My family had interesting experiences in Nashville, in the 60s. They were from up north, and were a bit naive, then flabbergasted at what happened.