Mr. Z's Reviews > Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Botswana [With DVD]

Travels with Gannon and Wyatt by Patti Wheeler

1928892
Apr 19, 10

bookshelves: a-classroom-library, action-adventure-suspense, animals-nature-outdoors
Read in April, 2010

Patti Wheeler’s passion for traveling the globe is ingrained into her children's DNA, and Keith Hemstreet's award-winning writing skills have also rubbed off on these articulate boys. Wheeler's twin sons, Gannon and Wyatt, have been traveling to all corners of the world since they were in car seats. Now charming and charismatic 15 year-olds, world explorers Gannon and Wyatt have documented some amazing expeditions that combine stories filled with fun-loving adventures, educational descriptions of exotic animals and fascinating nature, and plenty of doses of suspense-inducing peril!

When I was younger I watched Dave Matthews play a small show long before his band became famous. I remember telling my friends, "Have you listened to Dave Matthews? His music is amazing! He's going to be famous someday!" As I turned the pages of "Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Botswana," I felt a similar enthusiasm. This book is the first in what will surely become a wildly popular series that will first fulfill and then exceed Wheeler's goal of instilling a spirit of exploration in young people. These books will also serve to educate children about wildlife conservation and help them gain a deeper appreciation for nature and animals. Equally important, you can bet that teachers and parents, alike, will love having kids reading these books because they will help spark a love of reading in children as Gannon's and Wyatt's venturesome accounts will keep readers on the edge of their seats!

Patti Wheeler will tell you that "the world is your classroom." And her twin teenage boys may very well wind up being your teacher! Explore the world. Learn about wildlife. Laugh one minute and hold your breath the next. This family is tapping into unchartered territory and this series is the real deal! I will not be the least bit surprised when I turn on Discovery Channel one day soon and see that this exciting book series has become a hit TV show. In fact, if I was a TV producer, I would move quickly to sign a deal with this family of fearless, funny and groundbreaking travelers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travels with Gannon and Wyatt.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Fogarty I just read this book and enjoyed it. The DVD in the book was and added bonus it made the book come alive. It just goes to show you that your never to old for adventure I'm 95 years young. Frankie

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Fogarty Enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next book to come out. It was a fun read.