Brett Starr's Reviews > Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Everything's Eventual by Stephen King

Apr 16, 2010

Read in January, 2009

A great collection of Stephen King's short stories!

Unlike alot of reviewers, I haven't read alot of Stephen King, I've never read one of his novels yet and other then a few of his short stories in magazines over the years, this was my 1st King book.

I'm a big fan of the movies, "Stand By Me", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Hearts in Atlantis" and "1408". I figured if King wrote all these great movies as (short stories) first, maybe I should be reading his other work.

"Everything's Eventual" has 14 (dark) tales as you can cleary see from the cover of the book. My favorites where:

The Man in the Black Suit - a little boy out fishing has a run in with the devil himself

In the Deathroom - an American in a foreign country is about to be tortured and killed

Everything's Eventual - Dinky Earnshaw has a special power, now he's using it for good, or not?

The Road Virus Heads North - a man buys a painting at a garage sale that seems to change everytime he looks at it

Riding the Bullet - everyone has to ride the bullet, but its a question of now or later

1408 - not one of my favorites in this book, just really basic when compared to the movie, probably much better if you haven't seen the movie already

Before every story in the book Stephen King talks about how he found / came up with the idea for the each one. It's simple, but I reallly enjoyed reading those.

Looking forward to reading more of King's short stories~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything's Eventual.