Alycia's Reviews > Sweet Persuasion

Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks

May 10, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-erotica, author-maya-banks, favorites
Read from May 09 to 10, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Persuasion.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rach~The Highlander luverrr Al How is this ?

Alycia So far I am liking it, I haven't gotten to any hardcore bdsm yet. I'm on page 166 out of 345. I am waiting for the difficult scenes that everyone is talking about. I do like the hero a lot, so that helps!

Kelly I think one scene gave me that icky feeling but it just wasn't my thing.

Alycia Rach wrote: "Al How is this ?"

Ok, I have 100 pages left. If you can keep an open mind even if the descriptions of a few scenes may sound painful and maybe not your cup of tea, then this one is fine. There are a few cringe moments but the H/h do enjoy themeselves. I am waiting for the typical misunderstanding of the relationship so they can communicate better and patch things up to have their HEA.

Alycia Ouch is what I have to say sometimes.

message 6: by Sun (new)

Sun Oh, I love hardcore BDSM! LOL what do you think about this book, Alycia? I'm interested in reading this.

Alycia So far I like it! I loved the first book as well (light bdsm). There are some scenes that I like and some I can appreciate what the author has written even though there is some pain. I do like light bdsm books, this isn't a huge stretch from them. If you like hardcore bdsm Sun, then try this book.

I also have to recommend Bound to Please by Lilli Feisty if you haven't read it. Loved it! It is on the lighter side of bdsm but hot! The hero is amazing and different than your typical hero.

Alycia Kelly wrote: "I think one scene gave me that icky feeling but it just wasn't my thing."

That scene during the party when she is getting her public punishment (pain and humiliation) was not hot. I appreciate what MB was trying to do, but didn't like that scene. The rest so far has been fine even though I cringed at the nipple clamps.

message 9: by Sun (new)

Sun Thanks for the recommendation! It looks good. I'm opened to various kinds of books, Alycia. I used to read lighter ones, so then I'm looking for some hardcore BDSM. Can't wait to read it!

Alycia Sun wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation! It looks good. I'm opened to various kinds of books, Alycia. I used to read lighter ones, so then I'm looking for some hardcore BDSM. Can't wait to read it!"

You are welcome Sun! I have enjoyed BTP and this series. I hear book 4, Sweet Temptation is more hardcore than this one.

I will send recommendations your way when I find good ones :)