LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos's Reviews > Archangel's Kiss

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

Dec 08, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, 5-and-4-star-ratings, rrrc-monthly-reads, reviews, favorite-reads-of-2010
Read from May 13 to 15, 2010 , read count: 1

My Thoughts:

This novel was way better than the first if that's possible, as Angels' Blood was amazing. Euphoric even. This series is a breath of fresh air in the monotony that is the PNR genre. This new addition doesn't disappoint either. I loved the raw chemistry between Elena & Raphael. I love how their relationship evolved. Evolved is a word used alot in this novel & describes it perfectly. Almost everyone evolved in some way, revealing parts of themselves the reader never knew & becoming more than what they were before. I especially enjoyed learning more about the Seven. They all have unique personalities & their loyalty to Raphael is both heartwarming & disturbing. I have developed a soft spot for Venom & Illium. There were a few different subplots that, while they didn't all end as I would've liked or suspected, were notheless tied up to my satisfaction. I only have two complaints. One, I wish Singh went more in-depth about Lijuan & her powers & motives. Second, that the confrontation between Elena & her nightmare hadn't ended so quickly. I feel like there was way too much buildup leading to that moment for it the outcome to be so abrupt. In fact, I kind of feel that way about the big battle at the end too. Overall, I loved Archangel's Kiss & I am looking forward to taging along for Elena & Raphael's romantic journey in the upcoming novels. I also am interested in what will become of Michaela now that we know she wasn't left entirely unscathed by Uram's descent into bloodlust.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Kiss.

05/14/2010 page 42
13.0% "Oh God, I love Raphael. I want to know how the sex Raphael wants with Elena could hurt her. It would probably be the best pain ever." 4 comments
05/15/2010 page 206
63.78% "Raphael & Elena finally had "the sex". I feel myself being afraid for Elena the closer she comes to meeting Lijuan aka Psycho Kitty Angel."
05/15/2010 page 323
100.0% ""Blades & sheaths go together. And your sheath will only ever hold my blade." Jesus." 6 comments

Vered Good! I have it at the top of my pile. Soooon...

Vered Good! I have it at the top of my pile. Soooon...

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Yay!!! Then you can lust about the Angel's with me & NU!

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Glad u like that. This is my fave. More better than Angel's Blood

Vered I plan on doing a lot of lusting :)

Vered I try to, always. ;)

new_user I love how much we learned about the Seven in here too. (And of course, all the awesome scenes between Raphael and Elena.)

MelissaB Love this series! I can't wait for the next one. Nice review LL.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Thanks, MelissaB! I love this series also! I'm actually rereading Archangel's Kiss right now in anticipation of Archangel's Consort. Good times.

message 11: by AH (new) - added it

AH Thank you Lethal for making me want to start another series.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Um...you're welcome? Please don't hurt me.

message 13: by AH (new) - added it

AH I can't hurt you. I'm buried beneath Mount TBR. Help!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos *Lethal pulls AH out* Step into the light! See? See? You made it back just in time to watch Vampire Diaries!

message 15: by AH (new) - added it

AH Oh yes, Vampire Diaries is on tonight. Are we starting a thread for tonight's episode?

new_user Oh, geez, I'm so behind. If you guys start a thread, I'll catch up!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos I watched it earlier. Wasn't all that good IMO. Is it just me or does Damon look weird as hell when he's mad? All bug eyed?

new_user LOL! He does that a lot. Along with the brows and the head bobbing and finger twirling. If I didn't know better, I'd say he played for the other team, LOL. But I think he plays it up for the teen girls, LOL.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos LOL! He MIGHT play for the dudes, though. The first time I saw Ian Somerhalder, he played a gay guy in The Rules of Attraction. He jerked off under a pillow...God I wanted to be that pillow.

new_user LOL! Mmm, me too. I think he's going with the girl who plays Elena, no?

message 21: by AH (new) - added it

AH new_user wrote: "LOL! Mmm, me too. I think he's going with the girl who plays Elena, no?"

Is he really? Cool?

I am liking the Caroline/Tyler story line. Damon is really cracking me up with his bug eyes, etc.

Elijah creeped me out.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos I didn't know that, NU! Stupid Elena. I hate her. =(

AH, I'm like this Caroline/Tyler loving as well. It's so...sweet. I'm amazed I'm actually using that word to describe it, since Caro is such a freaking air head & Tyler is...well Tyler. But I like it!

message 23: by AH (new) - added it

AH Oh, and Bonnie is an idiot. I really do not like her character at all.

message 24: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina LethalLovely~Punch the Bitch You Hate Today! wrote: "I didn't know that, NU! Stupid Elena. I hate her. =("

I saw this comment on my Home Page and had to come over and defend my girlfriend Elena - because I thought you were talking about the Elena from this book. Then, I realized you were talking about that Elena from Vampire Diaries and I have nothing to say now - except, I agree with you!

new_user LOL, Dina! Quite all right!

Aha! So Tyler and Caroline do get together! I knew it! I will be interested to see them. I think they do make a good couple. I warmed up to Tyler like I warmed up to Caroline, LOL.

message 26: by AH (new) - added it

AH Have you watched the past few episodes, NU?

In this episode Stefan took off his shirt for a millisecond.

new_user I have not. I will start downloading, LOL.

message 28: by AH (new) - added it

AH Next week, the CW is doing a Vampire Diaries marathon every night at 8PM - so if you get the CW you may not need to download.

new_user Oh, really? Maybe I'll just watch then. That sounds much easier, LOL.

MelissaB Ahhhh haven't watched this one yet but can't stop reading your comments!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos You're not missing out on much, MelissaB. And no NU, Tyler & Caro didn't get together-yet. I'm still hoping for some wolf-boy/vampy action. It's better than watching Damon constantly get rejected by that bitch, Elena.

LMAO @ Dina!

Catherine Great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one too. I can't wait for the third book to come out in January!