Pinmanee Eowpittayakul's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

F 50x66
Dec 03, 07

Recommended for: everyone
Read in November, 2007

“Do I wither up, or do I make the best of my time left?,” said Morrie as he decided to make death his final project. Tuesdays with Morrie is inarguably a book that no one should ever miss. It is a true sad story about a dying man, Morrie Schawartz, who had suffered with ALS, a disease that cannot be cured, and how he taught his student, Mitch Albom, one last lesson about the meaning of life. The book is easy to understand with a great narrative of how much Mitch had changed himself and perspectives of life after meeting with his old professor. I truly admired Morrie on how he accepted his death and lived the rest of his life with optimism and wisdom. Although death is normal and would eventually happen to each one of us one day, but it is the truth that people always deny. As for Morrie, he believed that “once your learn how to die, you learn how to live.” With this perspective, he valued every time he had left in life to offer love to his loved one. He never regrets his dying life as he had used every single minute to carry out actions he wanted. Although people are usually feel embarrassed on their increasing of dependency on others Morrie was not. Instead of being sad about losing his freedom, he decided to enjoy being in the “childhood” once again. Mitch’s sincere manner towards Morrie had been portrayed throughout every word he wrote in the book. The book made me realized how I should live my life with worthiness as time never waits for anyone. Also, he taught me to tell people how much I love and care for them as we never know what will happen in the future. According to Morrie, love makes you immortal as “love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.” Overall, I can ensure you that once you start reading the book; it would interest you so much that you will not even want to put it down.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.