Janet's Reviews > The Town That Forgot How to Breathe

The Town That Forgot How to Breathe by Kenneth J. Harvey

Aug 16, 14

did not like it
Read in November, 2007

This book was really bad - I am still amazed that I wasted so much time reading all 471 pages because it was pretty horrible from the start. Admittedly there were long, boring, repetitive stretches that I scanned as quickly as possible. There is so much wrong with this book .... where to begin - did I mention it was long, boring and repetitive. How it could be so long and still not develop any story whatsoever - or provide any cohesive history of the town and its people - or fully develop a single character - it has got to be an almost impossible feat for an author. Some people got the "breathing disorder" and then some of them recovered. And some people got sick but not because of the breathing disorder - why? - wasn't the breathing disorder enough of a calamity? Oh yeah, most of the non-breathing disorder sick people got better too. And then there were some dead people wandering around acting weird - and possibly a woman who was dead or alive but who cares which or why because she didn't seem to fit into the "main" story at all. So, just don't read it or you'll start hyperventilating wondering why anyone got the breathing disorder at all because what does that have to do with a tidal wave anyway?
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Town That Forgot How to Breathe.