Mark's Reviews > Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar

Apr 15, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from April 15 to 27, 2010

Lubar's Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie follows the average teen, Scott, as he gets through his first year of high school. Like it is for all kids, things get bumpy for Scott but he tackles it with his humor and gusto that leaves the reader with an overall enjoyable experience.

I find with a lot of books of this genre that it's hard not to seem generic. School is school and the same problems usually come up (work stress, nerves about the opposite sex, bullying, etc.) so it difficult not to fall into the same traps. This book, in a lot of ways, does feel kinda generic as there are no really big plot twists or things you won't see coming.

I was actually ready to give it three stars, but when it was over, I actually kind of missed Scott a bit. It's vital for YA books his fresh humor. The story always feels real and genuine and ends as a very satisfying read.

I wouldn't recommend it to fans who don't love realistic teen fiction, because it is somewhat generic like I said earlier. But with the right expectation, this book delivers.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie.