The Rainbow Zebra's Reviews > Thaw

bookshelves: 2010, ebooks, chick-lit, fiction, romance-erotica-adults-only
Recommended to The Rainbow Zebra by: Fiona Robyn
Recommended for: anyone
Read in May, 2010 , read count: 1

Currently reading the online/blog version of "Thaw"--it is amazing and such a clever way for the author to make this novel accessible to everyone. GREAT format! About a week to go...

This review refers to the online version at read-thaw.blogspot.com.

I LOVED Thaw. I've never read a novel online. I'm an old-fashioned girl who likes to hold a book made of paper, carry it around with me.

Thaw changed all that. I owe it mostly due to Fiona Robyn's brilliant style for this novel--in diary form, one post on Blogspot for each chapter of the main character's diary--Ruth. Ruth is 32 and has given herself 3 months to decide if she wants to continue living. The story is told through her voice, one that is hurting but open, blunt, honest.

Over the course of the months I felt like Ruth was a real person, again I credit the format.

While there is mature content, I felt confident enough to share it with my 15 yr old. There are lessons to be learned. I learned, I listened, and I felt connected. I can't ask for more from a novel that moves me to tears and not out of sentimentality.

The only glitch I will note is that sometimes Blogger didn't have the dates in a uniform order. At times you could read top to bottom, others bottom to top (typical for Blogs).

I look forward to reading more from Robyn. I will truly miss reading about Ruth every day.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thaw.

message 1: by Satya (new) - added it

Satya Robyn Hi there - thanks for your lovely review of my book Thaw! I'm about to re-launch the book under my new name, Satya Robyn (after being ordained as a Buddhist priest in December). If you had a moment, it'd be wonderful if you could copy your review across onto the new page on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Thaw-ebook/dp/B..., as it makes a big difference in helping spread the word about my books. If not of course no problem at all, and I'm very glad you enjoyed meeting Ruth.
Warmest, Satya
www.satyarobyn.com

The Rainbow Zebra Of course, I'm happy to :) I have a few other of your books to read as well ;)

Congratulations on your ordination! What a lovely name :)
xo

The Rainbow Zebra Done! It takes awhile for them to post them online but I will send you a link when Amazon notifies me :)

message 5: by Satya (new) - added it

Satya Robyn Wonderful - thank you so much :) and thank you for the congrats. My full name is Satyavani which means 'truth' and 'eloquent communication' - I was blessed! It's been very interesting having a different name... Do hope you're well and enjoy your week,
Satya
(PS I have an occasional newsletter now if you want to sign up you'll find it at wwww.satyarobyn.com).

The Rainbow Zebra What a beautiful meaning--from what I've read, it definitely suits you!

I am subscribed to one newsletter but I signed up anyway just in case ;)

Namaste xo

message 7: by Satya (new) - added it

Satya Robyn Thank you. Namaste!