DarienMoya's Reviews > Love in the Afternoon

Nov 24, 10

bookshelves: historical-romances, 2010-reads, fave-books-of-2010, favorites
Read from November 04 to 07, 2010, read count: 1

^^LOVE THIS ONE ANYTIME OF THE DAY!^^

I have loved Beatrix forever and her book did not disappoint, the Hathaway’s are superb and this series is one of the very best. From Amelia all the way down to little B this series made me laugh cry and respected Miss Kleypas as a phenomenal writer. Though this book is far from steamy as the others and a little more serious in terms of our main hero, this book was all Beatrix all the time, and that my friends is a very good thing.

What the hell else is there to say! I don’t have the words to describe how legendary this book and series is. I will say that the character of Christopher is dark and very different from the previous leading men, and the Hathaway’s was exactly what he needed. A man trying to get back into the daily ritual of upper crust society after returning from war, and hanging on to his sanity by a thread. In comes Beatrix a woman he deems unsuitable without realizing she is the very reason he still lives and hopes.

Beatrix is just odd, and odd is good. She moves to the beat of her own drum, she loves animals in all forms, and clearly knows how to treat the two-legged kind. Then there is Christopher a man who sets her blood boiling, and has her thinking of squirrels mating (read book). Who would have thought that a bit of good intentions would lead to the love of her life.

My deal is that Christopher just went on with the Prudence thing; I was like dude this is not the same woman, Obviously. Leo the force is strong with him and that man is a dream, he had some of the very best lines in this book. Albert the dog rocks, he barks and attacks everyone until Beatrix puts him in his place, that Beatrix is no dogs bitch.

The love scenes weren’t scorching but they were still hot, such a good thing to read when characters want each other. Although, B was a virgin she was ready to learn and get things going down and I always admire that in heroines, why pretend not to want it.

A wonderful end to a great series, the Hathaway’s are a family not to be missed. They will warm your heart, and when you read one of their books it’s like coming home. I am a happy camper.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Afternoon.

11/04/2010 page 17
5.0% "Beatrix first letter is a hit. LMAO!!!"
11/04/2010 page 122
37.0% "Love it so very much!"
11/05/2010 page 210
63.0% "Tell me why Leo is killing me in this book, gawd I love that man. I always knew Beatrix was my fave and she takes the cake in a big way. I LOVE THIS FAMILY!!!"
11/05/2010 page 246
74.0% "Sooo........in LOVE!!"
11/06/2010 page 274
83.0% "I don't want this book to end."

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Awesome review, Darien! I haven't read the last book in the Hathaways series yet, but your review makes me very excited!

DarienMoya Thanks Lethal! I just love this series!

Lelyana Love Chistopher and Beatrix for her patience