Mya's Reviews > Cross

Cross by James Patterson

Apr 17, 10

Read from April 15 to 16, 2010

This is a typical beach read, as in fast, dynamic and easy to comprehend while tossing a few fruity drinks back...none of which I was doing. Famed detective Alex Cross, is on the hunt for a savage killer who controls a group of killer youths. They killed a friend of his and her family and the hired killers are on the loose. Vigiliant and determined, Alex is on the trail and refuses to back down even when that trail leads to the darkest depths of Africa, even when it puts his other friends and family in jeopardy.

Ok, now the idea of Alex hunting down the murderous gang, is okay. The idea of him witnessing and experiencing the horrors, injustices and suffering in the country I can buy too, but his absolute carelessness is not. In his search for justice for one family, he places countless others in mortal danger. He himself experiences danger and torture that would have shaken to the core any sensible man, and still he persists. Well, he's supposed to be an uber detective...and I get that, but his narrow escapes, focus and carelessness.. make me wonder just how.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross.