Anna's Reviews > The Gargoyle

Jul 10, 10

bookshelves: 5-stars, read-in-2010, dual-timeline, tortured-heroes
Read from July 01 to 10, 2010

In one word: wow!!

In several words: original, imaginative, multi-layered, mesmerising, moving, shocking, beautiful, horrifying, subtle, vivid. An amazing piece of storytelling, based on love, hell and salvation.

I couldn't possibly begin to describe the story. For one thing, how could I ever hope to do such a tale justice, and for another, why would I even want to? This is a journey that the reader needs to fully discover for themselves, no clues, no hints.

It's a book I'll read several times, as I know I'll get even more depth and meaning out of it on each and every subsequent read.

All I can say is READ IT!!!

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gargoyle.

Stacey Soooo glad you decided to read this, and that you loved it as much as I did! :-)

Anna I found it on your list a while ago, and was intrigued by the blurb and your review. When I was only about a quarter into it, I told Stacy she HAD to read it, and backed it up by saying you'd also raved about it! She now has it on order from her library!

Anna Thanks for the "like," Anette. I see it's on your to-read shelf. You really need to read this one. Soon. Very soon. It's amazing, like nothing else I've read. So read it, ok?!!

message 4: by Anette (new) - added it

Anette Haha, ok ok, I give in!! :D It's in my bookshelf and I believe I once started on it, but then for some reason got waylaid... Will pick it up again shortly. Phhhhu, it's a good thing you are back in my life, Anna :P

Jackleen I read this a couple of years ago and I can still clearly remember the story. I have been hoping that the author Andrew Davidson will write another book.

message 6: by Anna (last edited Jan 25, 2012 10:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Glad you loved it too, Jackleen. I'm going to have a re-read of it this year. It's such a multi layered book, I'm sure I'll discover things I missed first time round. Thanks for the "like."

See Anette, another 5 star rating ;-)