Whitelady3's Reviews > Dívida de Sangue

Dívida de Sangue by Charlaine Harris

Jun 27, 10

bookshelves: not-own, portuguese, 2010
Read from April 19 to 24, 2010

After having read without being that pleased with the first book and since the second volume was available at the library, I decided to give it a try and see if things improved.

This time the book opens with Lafayette inside of the sheriff's car, dead. It's Sookie who finds him and, of course, she's shocked but rapidly this is put aside just for her to come across a maenad who gives her a (painful) message to deliver to Eric, who then sends her to Dallas in order to find a vampire. There she does what she has to do, comes back and with Eric's help, because Bill had things to do in Dallas, finds out what led to Lafayette's murder. And so one resumes this book.

Really, the books could be so much better if it had a slower pace and a coherent plot line. Just like the previous book, the initial murder seems to be put aside leading me to wonder why the hell did it took place at all if it wasn't supposed to have much "screen" time. Since the title of this book is Living Dead in Dallas I understand why that part has more focus, so why start with that murder? But besides this, on this book we also get know the Fellowship of the Sun which, at a time when the vampires are recognized by society, wants to exterminate them and raises the most different reactions, even from other supernatural creatures, as the shape shifters, still in hiding for fear of such repercussions.

The story is easy to follow even though Sookie continues to get in my nerves and I'm still indifferent to her relationship with Bill. I still don't get what attracts them to each other especially when a funny and mischievous Eric appears. :D

It still didn't grab me that much but I will not lose the chance to continue reading this series once the rest of the books are available in the library or are lent to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dívida de Sangue.

04/21/2010 page 59
25.54% "Haven't read much yet but meh... :/"
04/23/2010 page 197
85.28% "Sookie gets on my nerves but I'm starting to love Eric. :D"
show 1 hidden update…