Natasha's Reviews > The Rogue Hunter

The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands

Apr 16, 2010

it was ok
Read on April 15, 2010

The Rogue Hunter By Lynsay Sands is the 10th novel of the Argeneau series and The first in the Rogue Hunter series. If you've read my past reviews of Lynsay Sands, you'd know I really enjoy her books. They are a light read, with both action, horror and lots of great romance. I enjoyed this one, but not as much as the others.. I found it lacking something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.
I guess it bothered me that there was so much talk of threats, but nothing really happened? Not that I need danger in each book, but it was like a regular romance, and lacked the supernatural feel. Sure the three males were vampires, but it was as if they didn't need to be at all.. I'm not saying I didn't like the book, because I did. It's just not one of my favorites of the series.

Garrett Mortimer is an Enforcer in the vampire world. (And the Council) His job is to track rogue vampires. Mortimer and his partner Bricker head out to Deckers Country Cottage, a remote area full of lakes and and away from the fast life of the city, where rumors of a vampire biting the locals has started.
Samantha Willan and her two sisters Jo and Alex are visiting their family cottage for a few weeks to relax from their stressful lives. Sam is a work-a-holic. She's a junior partner in a major firm, and even on vacation, she's always on call.
While her sister is mowing the lawn she is swarmed with deer flies, Sam runs out to help shew them away. During that time they notice for the first time that their next-door neighbor is in town. She's goes over to introduce herself and see if they want to join in on their power out dinner party.
Garrett is horrified to realize he can't read her mind. She's his life mate? This clumsy, stick figure?
She is more Olive Oil then then hoped. But not soon after does he realize how wrong he was about Sam. She's beautiful and more than he hoped for, but maybe he's not enough for her?

This is the first time the vampire star of the book isn’t an Argeneau. But don't worry, you will still see familiar names and encounter some Argeneaus from previous novels in the series.

I'm actually looking forward to Decker and Bricker’s story though.. Decker is an older one, who I can't wait to see being cracked from his shell, and Bricker, still only young, is hilarious and cute. He's so naive, even for a hundred something year old.
As for the Argneau series, I think I just have such high hopes for each book in this series, that I always think they are going to be 10's. Even still, I went out and bought Love Bites, and will soon buy another. One 3 out of 5 won't stop me from begging for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue Hunter.

04/15/2010 page 134
37.12% "I'm liking it so far! It's different than the rest, but It's good!"