Kristy's Reviews > The Awakening

2079018
Apr 19, 10

bookshelves: vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, read-multiple-times, 2010
Read on April 14, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

This book really focused more on Derek and Chloe. I am glad their friendship is blossoming and I suspect that Derek likes Chloe but knows that Simon likes her. I really hope it's Simon she ends up with though. The author has not really made me like Derek as her love interest, I can only see him as a friend. Even if he is way cool with his super smell, eye sight, strength and quickness. But it seems like they keep getting thrown together. I can't figure out what she's trying to do with the two of them, strengthen their friendship or develop a love story. I'm just not feeling the love story if thats where she's going with this.

UPDATE: I reread the whole series, knowing how it ends, and I am MUCH more comfortable with their relationship. In fact I was able to pick up on things I missed the first time. I really ended up liking Derek the second read through.

Favorite Quotes:

"He had a newspaper rolled in his hand, bearing down on me like a puppy that had piddled
on the carpet.
“Bad Chloe,” I muttered.
“What?”
I’d forgotten his bionic hearing. “Bad Chloe.” I gestured at the rolled-up paper and put
out my hand. “Get it over with.”"

-Chloe and Derek

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.