Samantha S.'s Reviews > The Vampire Prince

F_50x66
Apr 14, 10

bookshelves: 7th-grade

Dear Darran Shan,

The line "Even in death, May i be triumphed", really stood out to me because it showed that you would rather die than be saved by a traitor and that you would die with pride win against him by making him suffer your death. It amazes me of the things you managed to survive. even as a half vampire, i thought you would be burned to a crisp in the hall of flames but you proved me wrong. I think that the pointy hall thing was the easy one of the four trials you attempted.

I think you shouldn't have left vampire mountain because you shamed Mr.Crepsly and he wouldn't have been able to deal with the shame. But, if you didn't go, then you would have never discovered the vampaneze and Gavner Purl wouldn't have died.

I do think you deserved to become a vampire prince but it really shocked me. i thought they where going to send you to the hall of death. I think it was a strange choice but you did save the vampires from a attack on the vampaneze.

Kurda's relationship with you was strange. he acted like a friend to you and you couldn't help but feel sorry for him and want to defend at some points but he still wronged you and there was nothing he could do to change that. i do think he deserved to be put to the stakes.

Your life is a wild story and so many strange things happened to you. I do agree that you are a worthy vampire and i cant wait to read more about the happenings in your life.

-Samantha Stratton 706

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kusundree I agree with your argument completely. I think that the fact that Kurda acted like a REALLY good friend is rather confusing, however. I don't understand why he offered his friendship only to Darren, and I'm not sure why he would even bother. I mean, he was going to be a Vampire Prince anyways. I don't know why he would waste his energy trying to be nice. Maybe to mask his inner traitor side?