Kaela's Reviews > Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders

Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi

Apr 15, 10

This book scared me so badly. It was a strange sort of scared though, that left me wondering and left me wanting so badly to read more and more. Having an interest in criminal justice, I found this was a very intriguing true crime story about one of the most notorious cult leaders and killers of our century. The details were sickening and very well, detailed as to what went down before during and after the crimes were committed. The personal biography about Manson, while interesting, still did not answer my question as to why he is so sick.But I think this was intentional. Bugliosi does a fantastic job of making the reader want to know more and making one feel as though they are experiencing every part in extreme detail. The addition of crime scene and other photos into the book added a whole other level of chill-factor to the book that made me cringe a little. The greusome and terrible crimes that were commited and explained in this book do little to take away from the fantastic way that Bugliosi tells the tale. This book will keep you up at night. It definitely did me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Helter Skelter.