Jennifer's Reviews > Feed

Feed by Mira Grant

This comes out on my birthday, combining many of my very favorite things, including viruses, zombies, and party hats. Is it coincidence? Or is the universe rewarding me for managing to stay alive for another year?

ETA: I spent the entire time I was reading this (only a couple furious hours, interrupted by five hours of sanity-saving sleep, because let's face it, I already see zombies in the dark corners of my house; sleep deprivation on top of this book is not a good idea) alternating between slack-jawed fascination and tears. I've read Grant's other works, and I really like Toby Daye and her world, but I love Georgia Mason, and her Shaun, and her guns, and her tooth-and-nail pursuit of truth. I love the wonderful, meticulous world building, I love Buffy and Rick (and his kitty) and Senator Ryman and Mahir, I love all the difficult decisions that have to be made, I lovelovelove Kellis-Amberlee (because I am still the girl who read The Hot Zone in junior high and fell in terrified love with Ebola), I feel like I've been hit by a semi (this is a very good feeling) and I cannot wait for the next one to come along.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.