Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)'s Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

A mediocre novel. I thought that the plot did have potential and from the description it sounded like it'd be very interesting. Unfortunately, it definitely wasn't gripping, though I did speed through it. Despite the subject matter, it didn't really provoke any strong emotions within me and I couldn't seem to connect with it. The main character did seem to have a connection with playing an instrument though and so if I could have related to this, perhaps i'd have enjoyed it more. It didn't have a huge impact on me and nothing particularly interesting happened. A quick, easy to read book, but not a book that I'd recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Gayle Forman
“I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.”

Gayle Forman
“You just work through it. You just hang in there.”

Gayle Forman
“I'm not choosing, but I'm running out of fight.”

Gayle Forman
“Fake it 'till you make it.”

09/04/2010 page 59
04/08/2016 marked as: read

Laura Newcombe My thoughts - and rating - exactly. Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way.

message 2: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page) I'm surprised with all of the high ratings that this book gets. I can't seem to identify with all of the amazing reviews, which is a shame.

Becca Took the words right out of my mouth! Perfect review.

Tatum I agree. I think that the idea, the plot, had a good concept, but some of the details, and even some big parts of the book, didn’t quite pull together. Some of the time when Mia talked about her music and her parents being rock stars, I kind of zoned out because I found it very hard to relate to.

message 5: by Manjaa (new) - added it

Manjaa I liked the movie :-)