♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > Trickster's Choice

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce

Jul 21, 14

bookshelves: ebook, to-buy, author-tamora-pierce, favorites, fantasy, magic
Read on July 08, 2014, read count: 4

Read July 8, 2014

---

Read 2007: Of all the stories set in the realm of Tortall, this series featuring the famous Alana the Lioness's daughter is my absolute favorite. It almost feels like Pierce grew as an author when she wrote these two books, they read so much more intricately than the rest of her series.

Ali is my ideal protagonist: trained as a spy at her fathers knee, she had a lot of skills, but no real goal in life. But all that changes when the trickster God decides to use her in his own plans.

And thus starts her journey to the Copper Isles (of which we've only heard a tiny bit of before, namely the traitor princess that Alana beheaded) and they are wonderful and amazing and filled with old magic and new dreams and oh it's all so glorious.

I have to say I wish that Pierce had written a bit more about the spy life. I would have loved to learn a bit more about that. Still, I feel like not only did I live what Ali did, I actually LIVED it. Pierce brought the story to life, and I am ever grateful for her writing skills that do that.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Choice.