Chelsea's Reviews > Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1

Twilight by Young Kim

Apr 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010, fantasy, graphicnovels, romance
Read in April, 2010

Ah, the latest in the never ending line up of Twilight tie-ins. Of course I read it.

Graphic novels have never really worked for me (the two or three cute fluff manga series I read aside), because apparently I can't for the life of me tell anyone apart. This one was actually easier than a lot of the manga I've attempted, simply because there were really only Bella and Edward. It was usually pretty easy to figure out who was on screen. (That said, I had to stop and really study a panel from Bella's room after she nearly got squished by the truck, because I wasn't sure if it was Charlie hovering over her sleeping form in a worried father way or Edward hovering in a creepy undead stalker way. Hmm.)

Another reviewer mentioned the weird onomatopoeia words that were used, and I agree - apparently, when Edward takes a step onto grass, it sounds like "ssk". Now, you tell me - what does "ssk" sound like, and do you make that noise every time you step somewhere that grass is growing? Is it a special Edward noise?

I think a lot of the flaws that were in the original novel were highlighted here. Edward hovering and spying became creepier, Bella was weaker and more helpless, and it was painfully obvious that there just weren't any other important characters. Bella and Edward, Bella and Edward.

Also, everyone was too damn pretty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.