Jay's Reviews > Schrödinger's Kittens And The Search For Reality

Schrödinger's Kittens And The Search For Reality by John Gribbin

2419499
Apr 18, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: gouge-my-eyes-out, historical-distant, historical-recent, non-fiction, theoretical-physics
Read from April 14 to 18, 2010

Y'know, this book had hope. It did. Okay, so it started off talking about light, and the study of it, and the history of the study of it, and I didn't quite get where Gribbin was going with all this, but y'know, it had hope.

And then I kept reading.

Oh, god, it was dry. Really slow, really dry, and in the end, I don't think even Gribbin knew what he was talking about. It could have been good. I would have even been happy if he just kept talking about light. But there's talking in circles to explain something, and then there's talking in circles, and Gribbin did a lot of the latter.

It reminded me a lot of really boring oral presentations back at school. Somebody would start off with lots of fun and everybody would be sitting there thinking, 'yeah, this is good!' but five minutes in and it's nothing. The promise of fun was not lived up to. And then the presenter would give a weird remark at the end, as though remembering that hey, this is meant to be engaging, but it was too late.

It was too late, Gribbin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schrödinger's Kittens And The Search For Reality.

04/15/2010 page 70
26.82% "'Why do you keep measuring the speed of light?' 'Because it's so fun lololol.'"
04/16/2010 page 162
62.07% "Okay, I'm over this book now."

message 1: by John (new)

John Gribbin I do know what I was talking about, honest. Quantum interpretations. Sorry you didn't notice.