Christie Martel's Reviews > Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less

Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express by Mark Bittman

F 50x66
Apr 14, 2010

Mark Bittman is my hero! We only got this cookbook in February so we haven't tried a ton of recipes from it but we're about 5/5 or 6/6 already. I love the fact that it is separated out by season and you can find recipes that are specific to your season using only in-season ingredients. I was a little put out at first by the lack of an ingredient list for the recipes. I didn't know how much spice to add or how many chicken breasts to cook. But then I realised that this is the true beauty of this cookbook. I can adjust the recipes to serve 2 people or 20 people. And I am truly learning to use my palate to determine what tastes good and what doesn't. I'm not constantly wondering if this is how something is supposed to taste, I'm just noticing if I like the taste or not. Love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express.